I have been a vegetarian since I was 19... thats 9 years. (I'll just tell you.. I am 28) My husband has been vegan for 12 years and before that was a vegetarian for a few years. Needless to say we enjoy the way we eat, if we didn't we wouldn't be veggies.
You might be thinking, "What do you eat then?" Or "How do you cook for your husband?" I get those questions a lot. The short answer is that we eat a lot of things, and everything you all eat... I can make vegan. So the food posts here on Quite the Novice will be focused on the Vegetarian lifestyle and how delicious healthy food can be. I would love to get my friends into making some cooking videos with me to show how easy it is to make some of our favorite food.
To start... I'll show you a quick lunch I made yesterday after church. Nazareth (the husband) was starving and my baby needed my attention, therefore I needed to make something fast.
I started with a block of high protein firm tofu. I get it at Trader Joe's. If you're able to get San Diego Soy Dairy tofu... do it. I like to cut them into bite size pieces so that they cook more evenly. Put it into a pan with some olive oil, teriyaki sauce and some Braggs. I fry it till its nice and crispy. (thats how I like it, and I think it tastes better)
In another pot I had some brown rice cooking.
I then washed and chopped romaine lettuce, added spinach, and chopped up a beautiful, crisp Gala apple.
Right before the tofu finished I added garlic, rock salt, pepper and sesame seeds (all to taste).
For the salad I used a basic vinaigrette.
I looked... and it was gone.




No comments:
Post a Comment